Ensuring Your Safety
CookinGenie makes enjoying fresh food simple – our Genies shop, cook, and clean, and you get to enjoy! But in the world of COVID-19, what is the risk of having someone else prepare your food, in your home?
Ensuring Your Safety
CookinGenie takes health and cleanliness seriously. In addition to following CDC and FDA guidelines, our Genies follow food safety practices, and we have several procedures in place to ensure the safety of you and our Genies through the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond.
To begin, we look to the CDC, which states: “Currently, there is no evidence to suggest that handling food or consuming food is associated with COVID-19,” and “there is no evidence that the virus that causes COVID-19 spreads to people through food.”
The FDA provides additional guidance around food preparation safety. With COVID-19, we understand the concern related to high-touch surfaces, especially those in the kitchen. Our Genies take special care with handwashing and clean your kitchen when they are done preparing your food.
Image Source: FDA
- We will reschedule appointments if anyone – you or our Genies – are not feeling well
- All our Genies wear masks at all times while in your home, regardless of local mandates
- All our Genies are mindful of social distancing while in your home
So, what’s the risk?
Compared to other activities, CookinGenie provides a lower-risk option to enjoy fresh, quality meals in the comfort of your own home without a trip to the grocery store. To better understand the risk level, we compare the CookinGenie experience to the risk level of some common activities below, using the Texas Medical Association Risk Chart as a guide.
Image Source: Texas Medical Association
- Getting restaurant takeout – Low Risk (2/10)
- Getting restaurant takeout is low-risk due to little contact with others and the safety measures now in place.
- With CookinGenie, there is also little contact between you and the Genie. In addition to the cleanliness and safety measures we practice, online pre-payment means there is no payment exchanged during the Genie’s visit.
- Eating at a restaurant (outside) – Low-Moderate Risk (4/10)
- Outdoor dining allows for free airflow, which lowers the concentration of the virus and keeps risk levels low, especially when more people are present.
- Unless using an outdoor kitchen, CookinGenie is inside your home, but with only one Genie entering your home with a mask, the risk level remains low.
- Eating in a restaurant (inside) – Moderate-High Risk (7/10)
- Inside dining increases risk due to recirculated air, more people, and people not wearing masks.
Following our safety protocols, CookinGenie offers a lower-risk alternative to getting restaurant-quality food.
While there are few activities these days that are completely risk-free, CookinGenie is committed to doing all we can to offer delicious, fresh meals cooked right in your kitchen, in the safest way possible.